Digital Citizens Romania, with the extensive support of academia and digital industry, organizes the conference “Competition in a new digital era – opportunities and challenges”, organised in Bucharest – Romania, on the 16th of April 2019.
The conference takes place in the framework of wider European and global debates concerning the impact of digital transformation on businesses, citizens and public institutions. Considering the strategic moment of 2019 – a time when Romania holds the rotating Presidency of the EU Council and when the entire EU defines its new priorities – it is highly important to ensure a multi-stakeholder dialogue that can support the EU in its efforts for global competitivity and foster equal opportunities for all citizens and relevant stakeholders.
“Competition in a new digital era – opportunities and challenges” is organised with the media support of Ziarul Financiar and brings together high-level decision-makers, various Romanian and international experts in legal affairs, economics and new technologies. In a round table setting the conference will address various topics – from opportunities offered by the online commerce, challenges in ensuring regional and European competitivity, policies tackling the digital and competition sector, to impact on citizens and businesses.
16:00 – 16:30 Registration & welcome coffee
16:30 – 17:30 Keynote speeches
- Bogdan Chirițoiu – President, Competition Council
- Alexandru Petrescu – Minister, Ministry of Communications and Information Society/Romanian Presidency to EU Council
- Iulian Stanciu, CEO eMag
17:30 – 18:30 Panel, moderated by Adina Claici – Director, Copenhagen Economics
- Jakob Kucharczyk, Vice President, Competition & EU Regulatory Policy – Computer & Communications Industry Association/CCIA Brussels office
- Norbert Maier, Managing Economist – Copenhagen Economics
- Vasile Dragoș, Councilor – National Competition Authority
- Eduard Mădălin Dinu, Univ. Professor – Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies
18:30 – 22:00 Cocktail & Networking
Date: 16th of April 2019
Location: Hilton – Athene Palace, room Le Diplomate, Bucharest – Romania